Jan 1, 2007

Well S is not off the ventilator today. It's not a set back just a different doctors course of action. Today there is a new head Doctor and she wants to ween him slowly today and stop his feeding in the middle of the night and pull his vent first thing tomorrow morning. I kinda anticipated this when I found out that the doctor who had been here all week was done his weekly shift. He is doing well though and is looking more and more like himself. He was really swollen in the eyes, and feet and legs, from all the extra fluids they had been giving him. I think he's grown six inches since he's been here. He looks so old! It's amazing how much they change in one week. The weather is bad here today, freezing rain, so it's a good thing we didn't try to go home today. I will update later if there are any changes! If I don't post tomorrow it's probably cause I am too busy holding my little boy!

Comments

Unknown said…
Glad to get the updates on S and ALL of YOU! We have been praying for you all. Dartmouth is a special place and I'm sure you are all getting great care! Hope to see you all soon!
Anonymous said…
Hi Kann!
Been praying for you guys since the 28th and heard about little S.You sound good inspite of it all and we know you're all in God's hands.A big hug to all of you .
Linda and Brian
jayne said…
let me know what you need and i can bring it by tomorrow afternoon to you as i go right by the hospital!!! email EARLY as i will be leaving no later than 8am. God Bless the little one. God is watching over he and you two!! Jayne
Anonymous said…
I'm sorry that you haven't been able to hold him again. I hope that you are able to hold him soon. I bet it was in His plans that you not be traveling if the weather was bad. Doesn't help, though, does it?

Thinking of you often,
Melinda
Brooks Family said…
Hey Kann!

I am so sorry to hear this. Please know you are all in my heart and my prayers...

Emily

Popular Posts