Dec 27th

S continues to be stable. He's still on the ventilator and will probably remain there until at least Sunday possibly Monday. I had a special treat this morning, he opened his eyes for a while and we got to visit. He was looking right at me and responding to me. It was a blessing from God. That reassurance that I needed. He was trying to pull out his tube after that though! So they had to give him some extra medicine to sedate him. He has a little bit of a fever today, but that is to be expected. I am able to pump and give him my milk which will also help him to heal. Last night our friends, Mark andCinny brought us down our van and clothes, THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH MARK AND CINNY! So I got to take a shower and have pj's to sleep in. That was a blessing also! Please continue to pray for S and the doctors and nurse who are tending to him. Thank you again to all those who are helping, especially Kristin who is communicating to everyone for me!

Comments

Derek said…
Praying. Keep us updated!
Anonymous said…
There are a lot of friends over at YMX who will be praying.
Anonymous said…
This is never where we want our child to be. I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. I'm so glad you were able to have that special moment with him this morning. I hope that his recovery is swift. Thanks for taking the time to update your blog. I'm sure it is very hard to be away from him. I'm so grateful to your family and friends who are helping you to be able to stay with S. Big hugs, Melinda
Marie said…
I am so glad you were able to get some relief in that special moment with him. You are in our prayers and thoughts!
Dreaming again said…
Praying. My S (same name, now 17) had RSV at the same age ...similar story ... no helicopter ...we were at the hospital that treated him.

My prayers are with you ... More than you know. I remember these feelings all too well.

God is with you ..and remember, as much as you love S ... HE loves him more. He has all of you in the palm of His hand. The doctor's and nurses too.

Love you!
Pk
(from YMX)

Popular Posts