Nebulizer every two hours, steroids twice a day, antibiotics twice a day and lots of cuddling...
That's what you get when you spend the weekend with S! Ok so this last weekend S had a major attack, it was almost a replay of what we went through Christmas 2006! But this time I wasn't as scared and I knew what to look for and what to do.
Friday night S woke me up in the middle of the night wheezing. So ran down stairs and got his nebulizer and gave him a treatment (so thankful we have that!!) IT seemed to help a little bit but he never really went back to sleep which meant neither did I! Well I knew that at 8:00 his Dr's office would open for sick kids only so I called and they got me right in. So I dropped the big boys off at my mom's and then headed to the Peds. (I could have gone to the emergency room but their isn't always a ped working and I knew his Dr would know him better.) When we got there 45 minutes earlier than our appointment they took one look at him and took us right in! So they took his O2 sat and temp etc and his O2 was 91% on room air but his heart rate was really high meaning he was working hard to get that O2 level, the Dr immediately had us do a nebulizer treatment and gave him a big doze of steroids! We waited 20 minutes and he had another treatment, she really wanted to keep him out of the hospital! (thank the Lord for this AWESOME doctor!) After two treatments and the steroids setting in he was more under control, still not the best but better than he was. She sent us over to get an chest x-ray where S was adorable! He gave the girls his paper work and when they sat him on the chair to take his chest x-ray she said look straight at the camera and he said "Cheese!" It was awesome! Back to the doctors office for the results. He has pneumonia. But bigger than that the doctor believes we are dealing with Asthma. Meaning that the reason why S hasn't been sleeping through the night ever is because he often can't breath at night and that wakes him up! Man I just thought I was doing something wrong with my third child! So now S gets to take an inhaler twice a day! We have continue with the nebulizer for a while tapering it off, we are up to every 4 hours right now. He is doing much better about it now. It was a long weekend but we got lots of answers to many questions! We also feel better knowing all of this so that we are now prepared for the next time!(which hopefully there wont be!)
Thee are some days I never care to re-live and this weekend that day in Dec 2006 was all flashing back at me! The Lord has definitely protected this little boy and made him a big strong kid! Once again we are back to making our new environment Asthma friendly..... Thank you again to all those who helped us at Calvary Bible Church. I remember you daily!!! Praise God for our Church families!
Friday night S woke me up in the middle of the night wheezing. So ran down stairs and got his nebulizer and gave him a treatment (so thankful we have that!!) IT seemed to help a little bit but he never really went back to sleep which meant neither did I! Well I knew that at 8:00 his Dr's office would open for sick kids only so I called and they got me right in. So I dropped the big boys off at my mom's and then headed to the Peds. (I could have gone to the emergency room but their isn't always a ped working and I knew his Dr would know him better.) When we got there 45 minutes earlier than our appointment they took one look at him and took us right in! So they took his O2 sat and temp etc and his O2 was 91% on room air but his heart rate was really high meaning he was working hard to get that O2 level, the Dr immediately had us do a nebulizer treatment and gave him a big doze of steroids! We waited 20 minutes and he had another treatment, she really wanted to keep him out of the hospital! (thank the Lord for this AWESOME doctor!) After two treatments and the steroids setting in he was more under control, still not the best but better than he was. She sent us over to get an chest x-ray where S was adorable! He gave the girls his paper work and when they sat him on the chair to take his chest x-ray she said look straight at the camera and he said "Cheese!" It was awesome! Back to the doctors office for the results. He has pneumonia. But bigger than that the doctor believes we are dealing with Asthma. Meaning that the reason why S hasn't been sleeping through the night ever is because he often can't breath at night and that wakes him up! Man I just thought I was doing something wrong with my third child! So now S gets to take an inhaler twice a day! We have continue with the nebulizer for a while tapering it off, we are up to every 4 hours right now. He is doing much better about it now. It was a long weekend but we got lots of answers to many questions! We also feel better knowing all of this so that we are now prepared for the next time!(which hopefully there wont be!)
Thee are some days I never care to re-live and this weekend that day in Dec 2006 was all flashing back at me! The Lord has definitely protected this little boy and made him a big strong kid! Once again we are back to making our new environment Asthma friendly..... Thank you again to all those who helped us at Calvary Bible Church. I remember you daily!!! Praise God for our Church families!

Comments
You are the first person I call when I think my kids are having respiratory issues...I think you've been through it all at this point!
Kristin