Yup... its been one of those days..
So this morning EM and I were headed out the door to take D to his trombone lessons (he is still doing band and drama through the school) and we have "Grampa's Truck" because DH is headed to Maine to be with our friend L as A has open heart surgery.. well I had warmed up the truck and when we got outside it smelled wire burning hot. So I shut off the truck and decided D would have to miss his lesson for the day.
Well...
EM did not like that idea, I was holding her hand and she decided to go all "dead leg" on me.. well she was screaming but she was mad cause I had brought her back inside so I didn't really think anything of it.. well I took her coat off and thought she was kinda holding her arm weird but not really sure at the time. So I let her cry for a little bit and then realized that her cry was not her typical "I'm mad at you cry" anymore so I went to her and tried to get her to move it well she really couldn't. I knew instantly that something was wrong. DH was on his way to Maine and I had no running car.. I was a basket case thinking I had broken my daughters arm. Well I called DH and he was too far into the trip already, so I called a wonderful couple in our church family that are more like family to us than friends.. So they quickly got into their car and brought us to the Dr's.
Waiting for the Dr..
Well as soon as I described what happen the Dr (who is amazing!) knew exactly what was wrong. He said its called a nurses maid elbow. It took him like two seconds to fix it! EM was instantly back to her normal crazy wild self! The Dr had us wait for a few minutes to make sure that it stayed in place, mean while the amazing nurse came in and said "You might want to go tell your family in the waiting room that she is ok. They look very concerned" (see I told you its an amazing place!)So EM went out and showed them that she was all better! The Dr sent us on our way and our friends/family K & L took us out to lunch :)
Even though it was a crazy day it was awesome to see how God's people are there for us, how God has provided amazing people that are willing to rearrange their schedules (another friend L was going to cancel all her clients and take us to the Dr's)...
To end the day the boys and EM built a fort and I even let the boys sleep in it.
Oh and our friend A came though his surgery like a champ! God is so good!

Comments