Learning His timing not mine...
I really thought I had learned this lesson ... Learning God's timing not mine but it's one I was reminded of again this weekend. Friday morning I was woke up with contractions so I got out my phone (which I have this cool app on) and started to track my contrations. For an hour they were 3-5 minutes apart. Dh was in New Hampshire getting ready for Sunday's service and doing some other things, like registering our new van etc. His plan was to go to Soul Fest that day and visit with some of his friends. Well I texted him to tell him that I thought maybe he should head this way instead as my contractions had not stopped. So he came back home (or my temporary home) and they continued.. all day I had them but they weren't really that intense so I just figured we would hang out and see what happens (sorry to Pam, Kevin, Aunt Pat and Uncle Blair who we had lunch plans with!). Later in the afternoon they kinda tapered off and then they were not really there anymore. I felt bad I had brought DH back to Maine but you never know!
That night I slept really well till about 2:50 when I woke up again with contractions. This time they were a little more intense and after being regular for over an hour I called the hospital and they told me to come on in and get checked and see how things were going. So around 4:30 we headed to the hospital, now I know what you are all thinking "Isn't this her 4th child. Shouldn't she get it by now?" Cause honestly that's what I was thinking too but this time I have Group B/Strep B which I have never had with my other 3 children. Click on the link if you want to understand more about it. So it means I need to get to the hospital early enough to get the antibiotics I need before I deliver. Also I had to be induced with all 3 of my boys so this early labor thing is a new thing for me!
Ok so we arrive at the hospital and they hook me up to the monitors and see that I am still contracting and that the baby is doing fine and they check to see if I am pressing at all. We I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% efface. Because I hadn't ever been checked we had to just use this as a starting point as I could have been at this stage for over a month, but who knows. So they call my Dr and she says to have me stay around on the monitor and she will be in to do rounds. She comes in and checks me and I have progressed to about 2 cen but still only 50% efface. So she said since I am not that far from the hospital I should go home and check in with them at noon. So that's what we did I went home got some sleep and at noon called to talk to the nurse, Shannon, and I told her I was still having contractions but I didn't feel much different so I didn't think there was any reason to come in and get checked. She agreed and told me to call back at 4. So I continued to have contractions all day ad at 4 I called and told her the same thing as before but this time because it had been 8 hours they wanted me to come in and check and see if anything was different. So back to the hospital we went, I already had it in my mind that they wouldn't keep me but told the boys I would let them know what was happening. Shannon had me check back in to our same room and put me on the monitor and checked me. My contractions were more intense and they baby was doing fine, but she wanted to observe me a little longer. I got to take a bath in this awesome jet tub and they feed DH and I supper. Then checked me again and thought that I progressed to 3 cen, still only 50% but that this meant progress and called my Dr to see what she wanted to do. The nurse was going to suggest to the Dr that I take a sleeping pill and stay the night to get some rest and to start my iv since I was at 3 cen and it could go fast from there. My Dr agreed and so that was the plan. I had a sleeping pill with A and it didn't go well so I was not that excited about the sleeping pill idea and asked if it could only be 1/2 due to my experience. I really wanted to be awake for the birth of this child! So my Dr ordered a short length sleeping pill, only last a couple of hours, and I got that around 9:30 and I could feel it hit my boy instantly. I couldn't fall completely asleep but I had to keep my eyes clothes cause it was making me see loopy things, Lol! So I laid there for the next couple of hours and woke up wide awake at 11. It's a good thing it's the Olympics right now, they entertained me all night, even if I had to watch the same things several times that night! My mom was at the hospital with us too and she couldn't sleep either so the two of us stayed awake. Around 1:30 my contractions started to really intensify so I was feeling good about how things were going. They were like this till around 4 and the nurse checked me again, but really no progress. So I got into the tub to try and relax and see if that would help since I hadn't slept at all. I had a great bath and got out, and feel asleep instantly and slept till around 7:30. When I woke up I told the nurse I hadn't been having any contractions, and they put me back on the monitor, I knew in my head that they were going to send me home, but in my heart I wanted them to say I was progressing and I was going to meet my baby girl.I was trying hard to hold it all in emotionally, but after a long night of now sleep it wasn't going well... My Dr came in and told me that she wanted to check me herself so she could compare to where I was by her standards from yesterday. She said I hadn't changed at all (I knew this was going to be the answer) and that because I am not 40 weeks yet she can't do anything to help progress me along. I totally understood this even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. So she sent me home to get some rest. So here I am typing this, I had some more contractions through out the day yesterday and I did loose my mucus plug (sorry tmi but this blog is more for my family lol), but my contractions never came back regular. I had a great nights sleep last night and feel fine this morning. I have a Dr's appointment at 2:30 today so we'll see what happens then.
I know that God's timing is not mind and I am reminded of this through this whole situation. I feel bad that DH didn't got back to NH to preach and I feel guilty about that but I know God's hand is in all of this. The church was able to still have church and I know God's will was done there yesterday. (Thank you Bill and everyone else for filling in for us!) I just need to be reminded that God see's the whole picture I only get a glimpse......
That night I slept really well till about 2:50 when I woke up again with contractions. This time they were a little more intense and after being regular for over an hour I called the hospital and they told me to come on in and get checked and see how things were going. So around 4:30 we headed to the hospital, now I know what you are all thinking "Isn't this her 4th child. Shouldn't she get it by now?" Cause honestly that's what I was thinking too but this time I have Group B/Strep B which I have never had with my other 3 children. Click on the link if you want to understand more about it. So it means I need to get to the hospital early enough to get the antibiotics I need before I deliver. Also I had to be induced with all 3 of my boys so this early labor thing is a new thing for me!
Ok so we arrive at the hospital and they hook me up to the monitors and see that I am still contracting and that the baby is doing fine and they check to see if I am pressing at all. We I am 1 centimeter dilated and 50% efface. Because I hadn't ever been checked we had to just use this as a starting point as I could have been at this stage for over a month, but who knows. So they call my Dr and she says to have me stay around on the monitor and she will be in to do rounds. She comes in and checks me and I have progressed to about 2 cen but still only 50% efface. So she said since I am not that far from the hospital I should go home and check in with them at noon. So that's what we did I went home got some sleep and at noon called to talk to the nurse, Shannon, and I told her I was still having contractions but I didn't feel much different so I didn't think there was any reason to come in and get checked. She agreed and told me to call back at 4. So I continued to have contractions all day ad at 4 I called and told her the same thing as before but this time because it had been 8 hours they wanted me to come in and check and see if anything was different. So back to the hospital we went, I already had it in my mind that they wouldn't keep me but told the boys I would let them know what was happening. Shannon had me check back in to our same room and put me on the monitor and checked me. My contractions were more intense and they baby was doing fine, but she wanted to observe me a little longer. I got to take a bath in this awesome jet tub and they feed DH and I supper. Then checked me again and thought that I progressed to 3 cen, still only 50% but that this meant progress and called my Dr to see what she wanted to do. The nurse was going to suggest to the Dr that I take a sleeping pill and stay the night to get some rest and to start my iv since I was at 3 cen and it could go fast from there. My Dr agreed and so that was the plan. I had a sleeping pill with A and it didn't go well so I was not that excited about the sleeping pill idea and asked if it could only be 1/2 due to my experience. I really wanted to be awake for the birth of this child! So my Dr ordered a short length sleeping pill, only last a couple of hours, and I got that around 9:30 and I could feel it hit my boy instantly. I couldn't fall completely asleep but I had to keep my eyes clothes cause it was making me see loopy things, Lol! So I laid there for the next couple of hours and woke up wide awake at 11. It's a good thing it's the Olympics right now, they entertained me all night, even if I had to watch the same things several times that night! My mom was at the hospital with us too and she couldn't sleep either so the two of us stayed awake. Around 1:30 my contractions started to really intensify so I was feeling good about how things were going. They were like this till around 4 and the nurse checked me again, but really no progress. So I got into the tub to try and relax and see if that would help since I hadn't slept at all. I had a great bath and got out, and feel asleep instantly and slept till around 7:30. When I woke up I told the nurse I hadn't been having any contractions, and they put me back on the monitor, I knew in my head that they were going to send me home, but in my heart I wanted them to say I was progressing and I was going to meet my baby girl.I was trying hard to hold it all in emotionally, but after a long night of now sleep it wasn't going well... My Dr came in and told me that she wanted to check me herself so she could compare to where I was by her standards from yesterday. She said I hadn't changed at all (I knew this was going to be the answer) and that because I am not 40 weeks yet she can't do anything to help progress me along. I totally understood this even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for. So she sent me home to get some rest. So here I am typing this, I had some more contractions through out the day yesterday and I did loose my mucus plug (sorry tmi but this blog is more for my family lol), but my contractions never came back regular. I had a great nights sleep last night and feel fine this morning. I have a Dr's appointment at 2:30 today so we'll see what happens then.
I know that God's timing is not mind and I am reminded of this through this whole situation. I feel bad that DH didn't got back to NH to preach and I feel guilty about that but I know God's hand is in all of this. The church was able to still have church and I know God's will was done there yesterday. (Thank you Bill and everyone else for filling in for us!) I just need to be reminded that God see's the whole picture I only get a glimpse......

Comments